Native Americans have a strong affinity and connection to nature. One of the most evocative representations of their love and appreciation are carved fetish animals, popularized by the Zuni people. These are figures of specific animals that have a spiritual representation to the their daily lives and activities. They serve as little guardians. I love the symbolism behind this and made my own TiPi and the MooN version.
All of the Zuni beads are handcarfed and made with shells or semi precious stones.
- Bear: healing, protection, strength, journeying, mothering, hunting and gathering. - Bear's hibernation reminds us of the value of going within.
- Raven: magic, the messenger of the great mystery, a change in consciousness.
- Horse: swiftness, strength, enlightenment, possesses healing powers.
- Buffalo: symbolizes the endurance to overcome, great emotional courage, provider to all.
- Coyote: The master trickster who tricks himself, laughter, humor, and foolishness.